Monday, June 11, 2007

Don't Stop Believing

For a split second, I thought my cable had gone out.

Though you could easily imagine Tony's family (except Meadow) being whacked, you have to wonder how that would happen. Sure, there's that guy going into the bathroom (to get a gun??) like Godfather II, but then Phil's gone and who would have ordered it?

But--what I think Chase is doing is saying you don't really need to see punishment on the screen for you to realize Tony was evil; he's evil whether or not he pays for it.

But I found myself as a viewer wanting him to pay for it, and since I didn't see it happen, it makes me feel complicit for rooting for him all these years. In other words, if I had seen him paying for his misdeeds, I'd feel less guilty for sympathizing with him.

But just because he might not pay for his life here, doesn't mean he won't--remember Paulie's vision of the Virgin at the Bing??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home