Saturday, June 02, 2007

Albums Straight Through

Yup, what with iTunes and MP3s, albums are probably almost dead. Why listen to filler when you can make your own album of the best??

And, yup, it's the 40th anniversary of Sgt. Pepper, which has got me to reassess the album. Thinking I was cool, and "individual," I have mainly always said my favorite Beatles albums were/are Revolver and Rubber Soul. They still are. But as I was thinking a bit more, even though I like Revolver more than Rubber Soul (by a hair), I find myself listening to Rubber Soul straight through a lot more often.

And I almost always listen to Pepper all the way through.

So I have a question for you--which albums do you (almost always) listen to all the way through??

Here are mine:

1. Sgt. Pepper (The Beatles)

2. A Hard Day's Night (The Beatles)

3. Rubber Soul (The Beatles)

4. The White Album (The Beatles)

5. Born to Run (Bruce Springsteen)

6. Nebraska (Bruce Springsteen)

7. The Rising (Bruce Springsteen)

8. London Calling (The Clash)

9. Murmur (R.E.M.)

10. Lifes Rich Pageant (R.E.M.)

11. Raising Hell (Run-D.M.C.)

12. Beauty And The Beat (The Go-Go's)

13. Girlfriend (Matthew Sweet)

14. Tim (The Replacements)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home