Sunday, October 08, 2006

Predictions, and Analysis of Mets-Cards

Tigers sweep A's, 4-0

Mets beat Cards in 5

Tigers win World Series over the Mets in 7

I think this team is a LOT better than the 2000 Mets, and even though I have never liked Valentine personally, I think he did a brilliant job of managing them that year and had them play over their heads. This team is not playing over their heads, though I think Willie is managing every bit as brilliantly as Valentine. The Mets are a MUCH better team than the Cardinals, and I think the overall balance of their offense will make up for the instability of their starting pitching. This is I think true regardless of whether or not they play six or seven games. The Mets did after all win 14 more games than the Cardinals. That DOES mean something.

But that's why I think they will lose to the Tigers. The Tigers had as good a season as the Mets did and their starting pitching is good and healthy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home